Cast Iron I have

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Expectations

It looked like it was going to be spring for the last week or so.  It was so close.  Snow was melting, the sun was shining.  Sure, the sidewalk was so icey that it was completely ridiculous to think you run on it and the streets were not good for biking, but you could see that it was close.

Now we've had another 5 cm of snow.

I feel completely bummed.

Part of it is my project bike.  I have been dreaming about getting it fixed up and taking it for a ride for months.  I am almost there.  I just need to find a rear rack that fits it and holds my wald baskets.  But I have spent so much time clean and fussing with the darn thing, I'm just sick of it.  It is really frustrating, but I know that even with all the work I've put into it, it still will only be an OK bike.  Not a great bike.  And in the mean time, it HAS been a lot of work and I haven't been able to ride it anywhere yet.

I have the "winter is too long" blues

No comments:

Post a Comment