Cast Iron I have

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Not quite yet.

Saturday was a scheduled day off on the training plan.  Sunday was my Gramma's 98th birthday.  It was a three hour drive each way to get to her party.  Monday was a scheduled swim day, but lane swim is only really available to me at 6:30am.  I was too tired from the trip and I slept right through the alarm.  Tuesday was a scheduled day off.

So, it's been four days off since my last workout.  It feels like I have completely fallen off the wagon.  today is a 35 minute bike ride day.  In theory, that is my favourite workout day.  And the weather is so nice out, it's melting.  These last couple of days have been the first nice days of the season.  I should be itching to get out and enjoy it.

In real life, the first few days of spring thaw just make the streets and sidewalks so icey that it is hard to even walk, let alone jog or bike.

I don't really want to go out.  I really don't want to give up either.  I guess that as much as I have been waiting for spring, I am going to have to wait for T to get home from work and stay with the toddler.  I'll have to have a go at the stationary bike.  Again.

I'm itching for spring.  It looks like spring.  I just have to come to terms with the fact that it really isn't spring yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment