Cast Iron I have

Monday, May 16, 2011

Fondue

For supper tonight I made Alton Brown's cheese fondue recipe.  It was.... OK.  It took longer to make than I thought.  I wonder if I did something wrong because it finally got really creamy AFTER we were done eating and friend/blog commentator Lorene had left.  I wonder if this would have worked better if I had just thrown it in a crock pot and let it sit for an hour or two before serving.

Overall the flavour was good,  it was just .... sort of clumpy.  I tried adding extra lemon juice as the recipe suggested.  It didn't help.  Then after everyone had left and T turned the fondue back on to eat up the left overs, it was perfect and smooth.  I started adding cheese at 5:45pm.  The fondue was amazing at 8pm.  Maybe it was too much cider for the cheese.  I followed the directions on the website very carefully.

The comments suggest it needs more cheese or extra starch.  I didn't try that.  Maybe next time.   It was worth a next time.

In other news, the problem with having people over is that by the time Toddler girl gets used to the idea of them being here it's time for them to go.  She was all over good bye hugs and even wanted to call and make sure everyone got home OK.  While they were here she was so shy she could hardly come out of her room.  I don't know what to do about that....

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ the fondue finally smoothing out! It was so good!! The call from toddler girl was so sweet. The only solution is to spend lots of time with the aunties! :D

    ReplyDelete