Cast Iron I have

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sloppies

This recipe is adapted from one by the fabulous menu planner Sandi Richard.   I don't like ketchup as much as she does, but one of my girls does and always adds more. Through a series of interesting events, we discovered my family likes more Worcestershire sauce then the original recipe calls for. So... Here is my version:

Sloppies
1 lbs. Extra lean ground beef
1 tablespoon Onion flakes
½ cup Ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup Water
2 teaspoons Thai Garlic Chili sauce
2 tablespoons mustard
1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
Approximately 8 Dinner buns

Brown Meat in large cast iron casserole at med high until no longer pink.

Add onion flakes to pan and cook until meat starts to brown.

Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, water and chili sauce and bring to light boil.

Stir, then turn off stove and cover. The residual heat will allow this to simmer lightly for 10 minutes which with rehydrate the onion flakes.

Serve with buns and grated cheese.

Feeds 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a toddler with a little leftover for someone to take for lunch the next day. Once again, I have to say thank you to the 5 minute bread people for the buns. Really if you haven't tried this method of baking, hop over to the I Have tab and check out this book.

Approximate Nutritional Info, not including the buns:

I found some lovely carrots at the farmers market this weekend, so I am serving this
with carrots and dip and green kiwi for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment