Cast Iron I have

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Argh!

http://lovelybike.blogspot.com/If happiness is taking your bike for a ride with your daughter on a beautiful spring morning, then sadness is having the bike become non-functional at the furthest point in your ride.  I think I just need to re-tension my IGH cable, but the walk home pushing the bike and the trailer while toddler girl begged me to bike was very demoralizing.

UPDATE: I have tightened the cable, but I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet.  I was hoping to post about how I was trying a pedaling technique I read about on Lovely Bicycle where you kind of push back against the saddle as you peddle uphill.  It worked great!  Until my bike failed.

I can't find the post I read it in any more.  It was while I was reading the back episodes that I found a quick two line throw away tip.   I made a mental note to try that, but now I can't even go back and post a thank you since I have no idea where it was.

I really like that blog and others with biking tips written by women.  Now I just need to find a good beginner swimming blog.  I'm missing my pool time tomorrow to take the car in for maintenance at 8am tomorrow and I will miss lane swim completely.  I hope tomorrow is one of the last car days of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment