Cast Iron I have

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bike vs car

Ellie and I just took the bike to the grocery store.  On our way back we were involved in a hit and run.  

Fortunately no damage, but still.... it's the principle of the thing.  The guy swerved in front of me and made a high speed right turn while I was in it's turning radius and clipped my front tire.  Then while I was picking myself up out of the gravel, the guy yelled "learn how to drive" at me.

Yeah.

Right back at you bub.


Didn't get his plate.  Didn't have my cell to call the cops.  Note to self: no biking without cell phone from now on. 


The ride home was ... even more clonky than before.  I think it's just that the chain guard just came loose again when I bailed.

3 comments:

  1. What a bastard. Pothole karma shall avenge you. Honestly, who DOES that? Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised to believe Canadians were so much more polite than us benighted yanks...wow.
    I hope you're okay, and the bike tightens back up.

    Oh, and that that fellow has an expensive and unpleasant encounter with a Mountie sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Corey. If the last 14 years of city biking, that was a first.

    ReplyDelete