Cast Iron I have

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Training.... no, the other kind.



Tuesday night toddler girl didn't sleep.  This is NOT usual for her, usually, she tucks in between 7 and 8pm and sleeps a good 12 hours.  Tuesday she fussed in her room until 11pm and did not go to sleep.  Then she woke up wet and crabby at 12:30am.  It took a little while for me to get her settled again.  Then she was up just after 4 am and T sat up with her for 2 hours before she went back to sleep.  Just in time for everyone else to have to get up to get ready for work and school.  All told, the whole lot of us got around 4 hours of sleep that night.

T went to work, V went to school and I got toddler girl up for the day at about 9am.  It was tempting to let her sleep, but then we would just further mess up her sleep patterns.  She cried from 9am until 11am when we had early lunch and I let her have a nap from noon until 2.  When I got her up she screamed like a banshee for an hour and a half.  I was sure the neighbors were going to report me.

Here's the thing.  Despite being more crabby than I can recall seeing her ever be before, she still only had two little dribble accidents and managed to get eleven pees on the potty!  Including a puddle jumping trip to the park where everything got wet except her undies!

I think we are getting trained!  Yay!

Last night she slept really well.

I missed putting her to bed since some really generous and understanding friends took me out for dinner and drinks after Day of the Screaming Toddler.  That's like Night of the Living Dead, but with more potties and fewer decapitations.  Mind you, Barbie may never be the same.

So a great big THANK YOU to Toddler girl's Aunts for helping me regain some sanity, and introducing me to Better Off Ted.   Which, amazingly, is available on Canadian Netflix.  And also a big THANK YOU to T for taking over the "parent in charge" role as soon as he got home.  My nerves were just shot.

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome! I am SO GLAD she had a better sleep last night! Yay!!! And I'm amazed BOT is available on Canadian Netflix, maybe they're expanding. :)

    ReplyDelete