Cast Iron I have

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Good bye Victoria! Hello Claire!

Meet Claire.  Born 1972 in Nottingham England and given the most popular name in that county that year (according to the internet).  Poor thing has been put straight to work and I don't have any pre baby seat pictures to show.  I hate to say this, but the baby seat and the cheapo panniers have really uglified the poor girl.  But this too shall pass.  It won't be long before Toddler girl is on a tow behind half bike.

She is a dream to ride, when Toddler girl holds still and lets me drive.  When she is looking to see where we are going, the bike serves like I was DUI.  We are working on it.

I have also purchased the Nishiki.  I'm not sure I can convert it, but anyway now I have a road bike and that one would hurt less to sell if I can't upgrade later.  It is also a dream to ride.  Which means that since I started this blog with one bike that didn't fit and two part bikes, I now have two working bikes and a different part bike to restore with C.

I have come to the conclusion that one bike won't do it all for me.  Claire is amazing to ride with Toddler and T.   She keeps pace with his trike perfectly.  The Nishiki.... doesn't. He goes was to fast to ride with T on his trike, but Nishiki also will tow Toddler girl's trailer and carry two panniers full of groceries with out much trouble.

Life is good.  Especially now that work has bike racks.  I'm going to need them since I have to work some extra shifts to pay for my bike habit.

People say it's cheaper than gas, but so far it hasn't been.  Nevermind that I would really love a Onderwater family tandem or a Fr8.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. heh- yeah my habit is not cheaper than gas right now either. I wish I could say it was cheaper than prozac or therapy too- it might be equal if I went to someone over a long period of time. But it sure makes me happy- even if for just a short ride.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it two months and you'll make your Loonies and Toonies back. Congratulations!

    Corey K

    ReplyDelete