Cast Iron I have

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pictures

It's a grey overcast day and Toddler girl has taken to her bed.  That's such a Victorian phrase, but it exactly sums up what is going on.  She is in bed, in pajamas, with her 1st gen iPod touch and won't come out.  It is such a dorky iPod.  The screen is broken, it doesn't have speakers or a good battery or much storage, but it plays movies though the kiddy headphones and she loves it.

Here is a picture, courtesy of Lorene, of Ellie and I and the Mother's day camera:
After working all weekend and a busy Monday,  I'm glad for a quiet day in.

In other news, C is going to help fix up the Raleigh Colt I bought at auction a couple of months ago.  I paid $38 for it.  It has all original parts except (maybe) the saddle.   I was planning of passing it along to a gal who is 5' tall and was really wanting a vintage 3 speed.  But... she didn't want the work.  I thought it would be a good bike fix up.  I still think that.  Now C says she is going to do it  She took it for a test ride and had the stupid grin on her face the whole time.  You know the one.  The grin that says I love this bike.  All it really needs is a new saddle, new brake pads and a really good clean.
And a new portrait.

The down side of living in the middle of no where is I can NOT get the kool-stop salmon brake pads I need locally.  I need to spend some time searching for a Canadian supplier who also has an online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment