Cast Iron I have

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tomato chicken bake


9 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half*
1/8 cup capers
1/8 cup kalamata olives sliced
20 fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
1 cup mozzarella shredded
2 Tablespoons olive oil

- Preheat oven to 350F
- Unravel the chicken thighs and lay flat in a 9x13 inch pan
- toss everything else in a bowl and pour as evenly as possible over the chicken.
- cover tightly with tin foil
- bake for 40 minutes, then remove foil
- bake another 10 -15 minutes until chicken is done and cheese is bubbly

Serve with linguine:
- boil water in your biggest pot (4 cups for every 100g (4 oz) of pasta)
- add 2 tablespoons of salt so the water tastes like saline
- cook for just under 10 minutes
- trust me on using a lot of water

and veggies and dip or salad.

I have started putting out a plate of cut veg when I start cooking for Toddler girl to snack on while I cook.  She won't EAT veg, but if she is stealing them when I'm busy.... that's different.


*if you garden, I high recommend Sweet million tomato plants.  The tiny tomatoes are so good and you really seem to get millions.  You can freeze them on a cookie sheet then transfer them to freezer bags.  They work really well added to soups or this.

No comments:

Post a Comment