Cast Iron I have

Monday, May 30, 2011

Garden Update

DSC01954
Well, that's one done and three to go!  The eventual plan is four of these planters in a square with concrete pavers running between them.  I'm laying the pavers so that the short side is always against the garden bed so that all the pathways between them will be 30 inches instead of 24 inches.

While the electrician was here, I got another 3 pavers (at 100 lbs each) down and moved 1/2 yard of dirt from the front to the garden bed.  Then I moved the garden bed that was temporarily holding the dirt to the back so it can be stained. 

T is out getting me another 1/2 yard of sand.  I kind of hope we can rush to unload it and run to get some more pavers before everything closes tonight.  I got a lot done in Toddler girl's two hour nap.  I could get more done tomorrow too.

I'm not sure if I will need another 1/2 yard of sand after this one, but I know that I will need about 50 pavers before I am done.  After moving 5000 lbs of concrete, I hope to be buff.  That's not why I'm doing this, but there have to be some benefits to being so stiff and tired I can hardly move.

It's funny how the days you can least afford to go out to a restaurant are the days you most need someone else to cook dinner.  I don't know what 2 hours of electrician time runs these days, but I would bet it's a lot.  Fortunately, my extended family is taking are of us.  Blog commentator and Auntie extraordinaire,  Lorene, is going to feed us tonight.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate that!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you guys over! Your garden's looking really good!

    ReplyDelete