Cast Iron I have

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh Sh!t - the Bicycle Edition - Part 2

Today the whole family was invited to L & L's house for brunch.  They make the best bacon I have ever had.  Teenage girl V and I decided to bike.  She took the ten speed to try and I took Victoria.  We only biked to the U (about half way)  then T gave us a ride the rest of the way.  On the way back, we briefly switched bikes.

Briefly.


V is about 5'2 these days, but if you blink, I'm sure she will be taller.  Victoria was too big for her.  The 10 speed was smallish for her.  She had the seat raised about 3".  Even when I raised the seat further so that I could get good leg extension, it is to small for me.  I shelved my fear and just tried to assume the correct posture.  We were in a nice flat place with no gravel and the pavement in good repair.  In good racing posture with my body tucked in tight to the frame, the handle bars are about even with my sternum.

Too small.

On the other hand, V LOVES that bike.  She has named it after some anime character who's name I'm not even going to try to spell and is currently biking down to the local bike shop to buy some upgrades for her.  A bell, a quick release seat post, waterbottle holder.  She is tricking that bike out.

Sigh.

Oh well.  At least it fits somebody.  I would be really disappointed if no one got to ride it.

No comments:

Post a Comment