Cast Iron I have

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I don't talk about it....

I don't talk about work.  I don't want to blog about work.  There are lots of reasons for that.  If you are internet savvy enough to have found this blog, I'm sure you know what those reasons are.

However, I am going to say that due to some equipment upgrades at work, I am working twice as many days this pay cheque as I normally do.  It isn't much, but it means extra child care and extra complications.  And hopefully a little extra money.  Most of which will go to the on going home repairs, but I am going to splash out a little on a new saddle and a basket for my bikes.  I am very excited!  I have picked out a basket like the one that Snarkypup over at rideblog has.  It will go on Claire to get rid of the awkward panniers that don't work with the child seat.

She purchased hers from Amazon.com, but they don't ship that item here.  So, I found the cheapest place to order from that ships internationally is in the UK.... and they have a sale on Brooks saddles right now.  Less than half the local price.

I hate to do that.  I really do.  I will pay a little more to support a local business, but.... it would be a long time before I could afford a saddle at full local price and I can't get the basket locally no matter what I do.  I am consoling myself with the fact that I have tracked don't a local Soma dealer and have put them on the case of getting those replacement pedals I want for the Nishiki.

Shopping for bike parts, nice bike parts, locally is really hard or impossible.  If I just order the Soma stuff off the web, there won't be a local Soma dealer for long.  I guess that is the nice thing about long term projects.  If I start asking for parts now and it takes a year to get them, mostly it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment