Cast Iron I have

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thank you!

For Mother's day, Darling Husband got me a new (to me) DSLR camera with a story involved.  L had done a bunch of research and found a really nice DSLR and bought the recommended attachments for it.  Then found she was using her mid-sized camera more anyway and it was languishing.  (OK, so it was really being carefully and lovingly stored, but languishing sounds more dramatic)

It sounds like she started to feel a bit guilty about having the fabulous camera and not using it (or maybe she just felt bad for me because my affordable point and shoot wasn't cutting the mustard in terms of pictures.  Anyway she sold it to Darling Husband as such a subsidized price that it really is a gift from her family and Darling Husband.

Seriously, it is such a nice set up, I can't imagine why she would part with it.  I think I would have fallen prone to camera hoarding and not let it go even if it was just sitting there.  Mind you, I also can't imagine not using it.  Once I learn how.

I am so excited!

I am kind of intimidated.

I need to read the manual.

But hopefully, there will be pictures on the blog shortly.  I have dug out my old Crumpler Camera bag from long ago and set it up.

Way back before T and I were married, I had wanted to get into photography.  I started doing research.  I started saving up for a good camera.  Then we got engaged and the camera money went towards our rings.  Then I got pregnant and the camera money when to maternity clothes.  Then I lost my job and couldn't save.  Then I found a job and Toddler girl had so many health problems that I couldn't even think about cameras.  Then I quit my job to stay home with her and I gave up on photography as a hobby we would never be able to afford.

So really, this is such a nice gift that I am tearing up as I write this post.

4 comments:

  1. I am *so glad* that the camera has a good home. :) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you end up with?! I love hearing about people's cameras. :) Can't wait to see your new photos once you learn it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. L - correct me if I'm wrong, it's a Sony a350. The camera is currently packed up safely where Toddler girl can't get it. I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first photo project is going to be "before" shots of our bad, peeling paint.

    ReplyDelete